Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My ukulele

It doesn't have a name yet. I know, that's disgusting! I had intentions of calling it 'Elvis' or 'Mahalo' but I found myself forever calling it 'Uki' so I've kind of stuck with that.

Anyway its so fun! I started out thinking that non-hawaiin people playing ukuleles were just down right silly. But I started warming up to the idea of being one of those silly people. I saw that the music store had one for cheap and one day I saw they had a pink one for even cheaper! I decided that I had to have it! So I made a bit of money and I marched in there, my mom demanded a discount and I got my pretty pink uki for only R200!

So I'm not talented in the instrument department at all. I've tried to play other things but I'm just not that way inclined. But to my wondrous surprise the ukulele seems easier to me. Maybe it's just because I've never been more interested in learning to play other instruments before.

Here's a picture of Uki.

So I'm learning to play slowly but quicker than I thought I would. So you can maybe possibly expect a video soon? I dunno. I'll see if I can pluck up the courage to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment