Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Novel

So I wrote a novel a few months ago. Now I've been busy sending queries to agents. First I tried to send my novel to publishing houses, but where I live no bloody publishing house does youth novels! So I decided to get an agent. Anyway the first lot I sent out either got rejected because the agents were 'too busy' or because the novel was not the type they were looking for. So I decided to change the query up a bit, and I sent them off to new agents that I found. One being an agent that I really really want for my book! I sent out 7 and so far 4 have come back with a no :( Anyway I'm still hopeful for that one agent that I've got my heart set on. My novel is a youth novel, maybe thats not my thing. I had plans to write two more in the series but maybe this just isn't my genre. I really like writing so even if I never get published I'll still write for fun. I'm going to hold thumbs for the next three agents to reply with positive response.

No comments:

Post a Comment