Thursday, November 25, 2010

Okay wow, for an unemployed girl I sure am busy. Okay not that busy.... My sister runs an events company and I've been trying to find her more musicians, which is a lot flippin' harder than I thought. Also everyone pays so crap so I mean it's difficult! Anyway it's fun none the less.
And now she has got a kids party to do. I'm going to be making a lot of the things, the cake, some cupcakes, meringues, rice crispy treats and that's it I think. It doesn't seem like a lot. I really really love baking so I'm happy that I finally have a party to bake for. It is a kids party so I can't go wild with wonderfully detailed things. Everything is going to be quite simple. I think the cake will be my simple choc cake recipe with chocolate buttercream icing and fun little decorations on top along with the kids name. The rice crispy treats will be more like cocopop treats with a drizle of dark chocolate on top. The meringues will be petite and have different colours. And they wanted pig face cup cakes but I mean gross, I'm not going to put a piggy face on my cupcakes ever, so I'm going to do vanilla cupcakes with a blue buttercream icing and have piratey kinda decorations on them. I wanna make it proper boyish stuff. His parents were mighty impressed with my mousse cake, let's hold fingers that they order that one day. But you know what, there isn't much money to be made in cakes I see now. Like my mousse cake literally costs R90 so to make a profit on that will make the cake seem so expensive. Cupcakes on the other hand might be okay. I need to find a cheap place for everything.
Anyway that's pretty much all for now. I decided to continue working on my robot face because it is looking pretty cool.
In my personal, ya there isn't much news there, was supposed to do some stuff with some people but I've found that when it comes to people that I know - plans are just not plans. (Sharls I'm not referring to the tea party :p)

No comments:

Post a Comment